Several months ago I wrote an article about maternity fashion, and how thanks to the celebrity baby boom the selection of fashionable maternity wear was ever increasing. Well, there is good news for those of us planning a pregnancy in 2007 when it comes to maternity fashion. The trend of pretty, flattering, and trendy maternity fashion is continuing, if not getting even better. Over the last few years we have seen a rise in the availability of beautiful clothing for pregnant women. So what can we expect in 2007?
The trends in maternity fashion for 2007 are very similar to the trends in regular fashion. Here are a few things you can expect to see on the store shelves of maternity stores this year.
- Very feminine and flirty materials. Light, flowy fabrics that will help make you look and feel very feminine.
- Island patterns for the spring and summer, including fabrics with lots of color and floral patterns.
- Bohemian style clothing, long flowing dresses, longer shirts made of light fabrics with intricate details.
- Availability of quality business wear continues to improve, especially at cheaper retailers like Old Navy, Gap and Target.
- More options in the type of fit, particularly when it comes to pants.
- More options in style, you can dress according to your age group and style type much more easily.
- Increased availability of harder to find items like active wear, intimate wear, bathing suits and dressy clothing.
It is finally fun to shop for maternity clothing. It will be interesting to see where maternity fashion heads next.